Roadworthy Certificates

 In Queensland a roadworthy formally known as a safety certificate is needed when:

  • a registered light vehicle is offered for sale in Queensland, or
  • transferring registration to a new owner, or
  • when transferring to Queensland registration from another state or territory, or

      when re-registering an unregistered vehicle.Vehicles requiring a safety certificate are:

  • cars
  • motorcycles (sorry, we don't do bikes)
  • trailers (including caravans) with an aggregate trailer mass (ATM) between 750kg and 3,500kg
  • any other vehicles up to 4,500kg gross vehicle mass (GVM).

This inspection covers the basic vehicle safety standards for many components including:

  • tyres
  • brakes
  • steering
  • suspension
  • body rust or damage
  • windscreen
  • lights.

We are happy to explain how a roadworthy inspection is performed and the reasons a vehicle may fail the inspection. 

Booking a Roadworthy does not mean your vehicle is guaranteed to pass. 

A safety certificate inspection is not a comprehensive mechanical inspection on the quality, or life expectancy of a vehicle. If you are buying a used vehicle, you should get a full mechanical inspection known as a pre-purchase inspection performed prior to purchase.    

Inspections for:

Mobile Roadworthy Services for

Trailers  | Cars / 4WD | Caravans | Horse Floats |  Lt Trucks

Trailers 0.75 - 3.5T 

Vehicles up to 4.5T

*Sorry No Bikes or Scooters*

Call or Sms Us Today to Secure your Booking!   0405712050